This was the first challenge I really had to think about. I don't have any of my childhood stuffed animals. And I'm not close enough to any of the childhood places I remember to run and grab a picture. So this is what I came up with:
It's one of those cheap, little plastic balls you find in big bins at the grocery or convenience store. I use to beg my parents for a new plastic ball when I saw them at the store. When I see the big bin of balls now, I still kind of want one (okay, obviously I have one...I use it when doing pool workouts with clients).
I could amuse myself for hours with one of these when I was little. And sooner or later, a neighborhood girl would come by, and want to play as well. It was so simple. We'd stand on a driveway playing two square--laughing and talking for hours. No batteries or electricity required.
I'm not a parent, so I have no idea if little girls still amuse themselves this way or not. From my viewpoint it seems like childhood has changed so much since I was a girl.
We use to sped our day riding our bikes around town. I don't think parents feel safe letting their young children do that anymore.
What's a pleasant memory from your childhood?
- J.J. Kunkle
- I am the owner of The Fit Life, LLC. The Fit Life, LLC offers fitness instruction and nutrition counseling in a holistic way. I focus on personal training using mainly your own body strength--very little equipment. I also hold a certification in holistic nutrition. Because nutrition counseling regulations are very strict in Ohio, I'm still working on what nutrition services I can provide to my clients; however, I'm happy to provide general nutrition information. I enjoy teaching TRX, Indoor Cycling, and Boot Camps.
- Photo Challenge Day Nine: Faceless Self Portrait
- Day 8 Photo Challenge: Technology
- Day Seven Photo Challenge: Something New
- Photo Challenge Day Six: A Childhood Memory
- Photo Challenge Day Five: Someone I Love
- Day Four Photo Challenge: My Favorite Color
- Day Three Photo Challenge: Clouds
- Day Two: What I Wore
- I've Been a Bad Blogger! My Effort to do Better!
- ▼ August (9)
- ► 2011 (26)