The Fit Life, LLC

Friday, November 11, 2011

Recipe Post: Raw Food Pad Thai



In an effort to eat more raw fruits and veggies, Mark and I are trying to incorporate some raw food meals into our diet. Last night we made raw food Pad Thai using zucchini noodles. I found the recipe on About.com. I will also post it below, but if you follow the link, the author has other easy-to-do raw food meals.

I won't tell you that it was as delicious as the warm, spicy Pad Thai from the local Thai restaurant, but it was a good dish, full of nutritious ingredients.

Ingredients:

  • 2 zucchinis, sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler
  • 2 large handfuls of bean sprouts, approx 2 cups
  • 3/4 cup chopped nuts (use almonds, peanuts or cashews)
  • 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
  • 4 green onions, diced
  • 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
  • juice from one lime
  • 1 tablespoon raw, cold-pressed olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt

Preparation:

Toss all ingredients together in a bowl until well coated. Add a dash more salt if desired and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am the owner of The Fit Life, LLC. The Fit Life, LLC offers fitness instruction and nutrition counseling in a holistic way. I focus on personal training using mainly your own body strength--very little equipment. I also hold a certification in holistic nutrition. Because nutrition counseling regulations are very strict in Ohio, I'm still working on what nutrition services I can provide to my clients; however, I'm happy to provide general nutrition information. I enjoy teaching TRX, Indoor Cycling, and Boot Camps.

Followers