In an effort to eat more raw fruits and veggies, Mark and I are trying to incorporate some raw food meals into our diet. Last night we made raw food Pad Thai using zucchini noodles. I found the recipe on About.com. I will also post it below, but if you follow the link, the author has other easy-to-do raw food meals.
I won't tell you that it was as delicious as the warm, spicy Pad Thai from the local Thai restaurant, but it was a good dish, full of nutritious ingredients.
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into strips with a vegetable peeler
- 2 large handfuls of bean sprouts, approx 2 cups
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (use almonds, peanuts or cashews)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon raw, cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt